You can find the asset at the Unity Asset Store
The Warp Effect uses a shader which renders the effect on a streched high resolution sphere. The Warp Effect has many different settings to change how the effect looks.
This are the settings you can change:
- Main Color: The color of the effect. The transparency of this color defines the transparency of the effect.
- Mix Color: This is a color which is mixed together with the Main Color.
- Textures: You can change the textures if you want a different look.
- Rotations speed of the textures.
- Emission maps.
- Emission map rotation speed.
- Emission map merge method. (Add or multiply)
- Speed X / Speed Y: Defines the x and y motion speed of the distortion.
- Scale: The strength of the texture distortion. The higher the value the more waves will impact the warp textures.
- Tile X / Tile Y: Tiling size of the effect.
- Warp Speed: Simply defines how fast the effect is.
- Star textures
- Rotation and move speed of the stars.
- Background distortion.
Version 1.6.0 is live in the Unity Asset Store
- You can select Add or Multiply to define how emission maps are merged.
- 5 new prefabs ready to use in your project.
- Prefab with the new experimental function.
- New textures.
- New experimental function for emission map distortion.
Performance test with version 1.3.0
Intel i7 4770K
GTX Titan 6GB
24 GB RAM
Result: 505 FPS. I don’t want to go higher. 🙂